How To Prevent Changing Or Deleting Of An Attachment?
- How to disable the ‘May be Changed’ functionality?
The ‘May Be Changed’ flag is not updateable unless you add the Attachment as a Standard document.
When adding the Attachment (Paper Clip icon)
– click on the Document Catalog button.
– Select the Standard Document from the LOV in the Category field.
The ‘May Be Changed’ flag will be unchecked and Users will not be able to update the Attachment.
- How to make sure that an Attachment cannot be deleted?
Please try this in Attachment Functions screen to disable ‘delete’ for attachments:
- Using Application Developer Responsibility
Navigate to Attachments > Attachment Functions.
- Query on ‘Name’ field with your form name
- Click on Block button.
- Click on Block Name field and then click on Entities Button.
- For your Entity in Privileges Tab
Query is set to Always
Insert is set to Always
Update is set to Never
Delete is set to Never
- Save this record.
- Now Navigate to your Form and create new attachment.
A message might appear ‘Record must be committed before adding the attachments.’
Press Yes Button.