How to make address elements: State, County, City and Postal Code mandatory when creating a new address.
- Check the Validation for Geography types
Responsibility: Trading Community Manager
Navigation: Trading Community Architecture > Administration > Geography Hierarchy
- Query the Country United States by Name or Code
- Click on the link Manage Validation
- Click the check box ‘Mandatory Validation’ for all the Geography Types (State,County…)
- Then in the region Geography Validation Control, set the Geography Validation Level for Country option to either ‘Warning’ OR ‘Error’
- Set the Address validation profile
Responsibility: System Administrator
Navigation: Profile > System
Application = Receivables
Profile = HZ: Address Validation Level for Application
Set the value to Error or Warning
- Run a test.
Create a new address with invalid locations for this country when you attempt to save, the system will show a new field “Suggestions” above Country field showing you valid address combinations. You need to select from one of the suggestions in the list of values.