Giving Presentations for Work, Training or any other purpose is very common now days. It involve creating powerpoint slides, notes and delivering it. Here i am trying to put some points on how to make your first presentation as better and learning experience.
Theme : Create and Deliver
1. Analyse Audience : Understand who are your audience, their knowledge level, experience level, Group size etc.
2. Research your topic : Do some learning on Topic and brush up your knowledge. Read user guide or whitepaper or discuss with friends or senior to brush it up. User guide and Oracle support always good tools
3. Create simple Presentation ( Introduction , Body , Conclusion ) : You are giving technical or functional presentation , so don’t worry about design , font etc etc. Focus on content and subject more. Good Introduction to start as story , Body with your subject topic , conclusion as to finish up slides to summarize your topic
4. Note : for Each slide or topic, write down what you think of speaking. Writing will help to get more points and help in practicing.
1. Voice : Try to be natural . Try to make it as conversation or like you are explaining some new game to your friends. Or you are telling movie review :) . Keep voice consistent with pace and tone.
2. Body Language : Stay relax, feel relax. Make good eye contacts. if you are nervous then look at people you feel comfortable. Use your hands , arms and gesture. Take pauses if needed. don’t hurry.
3. Practice : Practice , Practice and Practice ( 3 times at least ). User full size mirror to do practice. Record your voice in mobile phone. Even you can record your video and see it again and correct your words, language or body gestures and again practice.
4. Memorized your introduction and first 2 minute at least , this will create good start and good impression :)
4. Smile and confident : Always keep a genuine comfort smile and feel yourself confident. Giving presention is regular activity as IT professional and slowly slowly you will master it.
After presentation , get feedback from audience and senior.
Keep learning and Keep Growing. Best of Luck