Release 12 of Oracle E-Business Suite includes as standard a feature called User-Preferred Time Zone Support
Conceptually, there are two types of date fields:
- Dates with a time component – used to indicate a specific point in time within a particular day
- Dates without a time component – used to denote a particular day, but not a specific point in time within that day
Date fields with a time component can be represented in any time zone, and thus displayed in whichever time zone is most meaningful to the end user. Generally, users prefer to view dates in their own (local) time zone. With the user-preferred time zone feature enabled, date with time fields will be converted to the user’s preferred time zone for display.
As per “Oracle E-Business Suite System Administrator’s Guide – Configuration” guide , For user-preferred time zone support to operate correctly, all of the following must be true:
- The operating system time zone setting for the database server must be set to the standard corporate time zone.
- The database must be configured to use the time zone file timezlrg.dat rather than the timezone.dat file.
- The database must be started in the standard corporate time zone.
- Every application tier JVM (Java Virtual Machine) must be started in the standard corporate time zone. This can be achieved by setting the application tier operating system time zone to match the standard corporate time zone.
- Profile ‘Server Timezone’ (SERVER_TIMEZONE_ID) must be set at site level, and must be set to the same standard corporate time zone as the database.
- Profile ‘Client Timezone’ (CLIENT_TIMEZONE_ID) must be set at user level. This is applicable to Oracle Forms based UIs.
- Preference ‘Timezone’ must be set at user level. This is applicable to HTML based UIs.
- Profile ‘Enable Timezone Conversions’ (ENABLE_TIMEZONE_CONVERSIONS) must be set to ‘Yes’ (or ‘Y’) at site level.
- Profile ‘Concurrent: Multiple Time Zones’ (CONC_MULTI_TZ) must be set to ‘No’ (or ‘N’) at the site level.
- Environment variable FORMS_APPSLIBS must be set in the Forms tier
- Forms must be launched through the Personal Home Page or Navigator portlet.