MDM team on day to day basis needs to export ICC, Item data to Excel, do updates and then upload back to applications. But many a times exporting to excel via WebADI becomes challenge and causes many errors, one of the error and resolution is explained below:
Reason for this error while exporting data:
In the Excel macro security area, Visual Basic Project is not selected as a trusted source.
In Excel 2003, go to “Tools” > “Macro” > “Security” and select the “Trusted Sources” tab. Check the box next to “Trust access to Visual Basic Project”.
(Note: The box for “Trust all installed add-ins and templates” should also be checked.)
In Excel 2007, use the following navigation:
• Click on the Office button in the upper left corner
• Click on the Excel Options button
• On the left, click on the Trust Center
• Click on the Trust Center Settings button
• On the left, click on Macro Settings
• Click on “Trust access to the VBA project object model”