Fusion Payroll Interview Questions:
- How can I remove someone from the payroll run?
Roll back the person’s record from the View Person Process Result page, which deletes the record
How do you set the payroll license in Releases 10 and higher?
. Navigator>Setup and Maintenance
- Search for task Manage Features by Country or Territory
- Select Go to Task
- Set the Payroll license by country based on your Fusion licensing.
2) What are Object Groups?
Object groups are user-defined sets of elements or people used to restrict which of these items to include in various processes and reports.
There are four types of object groups:
- Payroll Relationship
- Work Relationship
- Deduction Card
Users can create and maintain object groups in the Manage Object Groups page from the Payroll Calculation work area. Object groups also could be loaded using the batch loader from the Payroll Administration work area or the Data Exchange work area.
3) What are Element Groups?
Element Groups limit the elements processed for payroll, reporting, or cost distribution purposes.
There are two usages for an element group:
- Run group
Specifies the elements to use in a process.
- Distribution group
Defines the grouping of elements to distribute element costing results.
All element groups are static. You select the element classifications to add and then include or exclude additional elements from the group. Or you can select specific elements to include without using element classifications.
4) What are Payroll Relationship Groups?
Payroll Relationship Groups limit the persons processed for payroll, data entry, and reporting. When defining the group specify the payroll definition which retrieves the payroll relationships assigned to it. Every group is limited to the payroll relationships assigned to a single payroll that you select. You can further define the group statically or dynamically.
- If you define the group statically, select the payroll relationships, terms, and assignments to include or exclude in the group.
- If you define the group dynamically, use a fast formula of type Payroll Relationship Group to determine the criteria that determines the payroll relationships, terms, and assignments to include in the group. Then you can individually select additional payroll relationships, terms, and assignments to include in or exclude from the group.
5) What are Work Relationship Groups?
Work Relationship Groups limit the persons processed for human resources and reporting. For example, you can use work relationship groups in custom extracts. If you define the group statically, select the work relationships, terms, and assignments to include or exclude in the group. If you define the group dynamically, use a fast formula of type Work Relationship Group to determine the criteria that determines the work relationships, terms, and assignments to include in the group. Then you can individually select additional work relationships, terms, and assignments to include in or exclude from the group.
6) What are Deduction Card Groups?
Deduction Card Groups are read-only. They are automatically created when deductions cards are created. For example, in the UK, they are used for year-end processing.
7) How to include or exclude an employee assignment from a payroll process?
Create a payroll relationship group to include or exclude employees from payroll processes or reports. In Oracle HRMS in EBS this functionality was called Assignment Set.
- Navigate to Payroll Calculation work area.
2. Open Manage Object Groups task.
3. Click on Create icon to create a new record.
4. In Create Object Group pop-up enter a name, select Payroll Relationship Group for Type, click on Static radio button. Click Continue.
5. In Create Object Group page select appropriate Start Date.
6. In Object Group Parameter section click on magnifying glass under Value and select a payroll. Click Next.
7. Under Payroll Relationship, Term or Assignment Inclusions and Exclusions click on green plus to add a new record, then click on magnifying glass.
8. In Search and Select pop-up select needed record. Click on the hyperlink of the number on the first column.
9. See the record that has been added to the inclusion or exclusion.
10. Click on Save and Submit.
What is the best practice for the use of Payroll Relationship Group?
When payroll process completes and there are several employees in error, you can rollback or mark for retry these employees either individually in the View Payroll Process Results page or by submitting a Rollback process or Mark for Retry process for a specific payroll relationship group.
Oracle Fusion Payroll delivers several types of involuntary deduction which are available for the element creation:
- Child Support
- Creditor Debt
- Educational Loan and Debt Collection Improvement Act (DCIA)
- Spousal Support and Alimony
- And tax levy