Oracle A.I.M. Methodology encompasses a project management methodology with documentation templates that support the life cycle of an implementation. The life cycle methodology and documentation templates allows A.I.M. to be a very useful tool for managing implementation projects successfully. This is a depiction of the A.I.M. methodology life cycle:
Application Implementation Method is a proven approach for all the activities required to implement oracle applications. there are eleven processes of implementation.
1. Business Process Architecture [BP] – This phase outlines:
Existing Business Practices
Catalog change practices
BP.070 Develop High-Level Process Design
BP.080 Develop Future Process Model
2. Business Requirement Definition [RD] – This phase explains about the initial baseline questionnaire and gathering of requirements.
RD.010 Identify Current Financial and Operating Structure RD.020 Conduct Current Business Baseline RD.030 Establish Process and Mapping Summary RD.040 Gather Business Volumes and Metrics RD.050 Gather Business Requirements RD.060 Determine Audit and Control Requirements RD.070 Identify Business Availability Requirements RD.080 Identify Reporting and Information Access Requirements
3. Business Requirement Mapping [BR] – In this phase the requirements of business are matched with the standard functionality of the oracle applications.
BR.070 Create Reporting Fit Analysis
BR.080 Test Business Solutions
BR.090 Confirm Integrated Business Solutions
BR.100 Define Applications Setup
4. Application and Technical Architecture [TA] – This outlines the infrastructure requirements to implement oracle applications.
TA.070 Revise Conceptual Architecture
TA.080 Define Application Security Architecture
TA.090 Define Application and Database Server Architecture
TA.100 Define and Propose Architecture Subsystems
TA.110 Define System Capacity Plan
TA.120 Define Platform and Network Architecture
TA.130 Define Application Deployment Plan
TA.140 Assess Performance Risks
5. Build and Module Design [MD] – This phase emphasizes the development of new functionality (customization) required by the client. It mainly details how to design the required forms, database and reports.
MD.070 Create Application extensions technical design
MD.080 Review functional and Technical designs
MD.090 Prepare Development environment
MD.100 Create Database extensions
MD.110 Create Application extension modules
6. Data Conversion [CV] – Data Conversion is the process of converting or transferring the data from legacy system to oracle applications. Ex. Transferring customer records from the legacy to the Customer Master.
CV.070 Prepare conversion test plans
CV.080 Develop conversion programs
CV.090 Perform conversion unit tests
CV.100 Perform conversion business objects
CV.110 Perform conversion validation tests
CV.120 Install conversion programs
7. Documentation [DO] – Documentation prepared per module that includes user guides and implementation manuals.
DO.070 Publish user guide
DO.080 Publish technical reference manual
8. Business System Testing [TE] – A process of validating the setup’s and functionality by QA(functional consultant) to certify status.
TE.070 Perform unit test
TE.080 Perform link test
TE.090 perform installation test
TE.100 Prepare key users for testing
TE.110 Perform system test
TE.120 Perform systems integration test
9. Performance Testing [PT] – Performance testing is the evaluation of transactions saving time, transaction retrieval times, workflow background process, database performance, etc
PT.070 – Design Test Database Load Programs
PT.080 – Create Performance Test TransactionPrograms
PT.090 – Create Test Database Load Programs
PT.100 – Construct Performance Test Database
PT.110 – Prepare Performance Test Environment
10. Adoption and Learning [AP] – This phase explains the removal of the legacy system and oracle application roll out enterprise wide.
AP.070 – Develop Project Readiness Roadmap
AP.080 – Develop and Execute CommunicationCampaign
AP.090 – Develop Managers’ Readiness Plan
AP.100 – Identify Business Process Impact onOrganization
AP.110 – Align Human Performance SupportSystems
AP.120 – Align Information Technology Groups
AP.130 – Conduct User Learning Needs Analysis
AP.140 – Develop User Learning Plan
AP.150 – Develop User Learningware
AP.160 – Prepare User Learning Environment
AP.170 – Conduct User Learning Events
11. Production Migration [PM] – The process of “decommissioning” of legacy system and the usage(adoption) of oracle application system.
PM.010 – Define Transition Strategy
PM.020 – Design Production Support Infrastructure
PM.030 – Develop Transition and Contingency Plan
PM.040 – Prepare Production Environment
PM.050 – Set Up Applications
PM.060 – Implement Production Support Infrastructure
PM.070 – Verify Production Readiness
PM.080 – Begin Production
PM.090 – Measure System Performance
PM.100 – Maintain System
PM.110 – Refine Production System
PM.120 – Decommission Former Systems
PM.130 – Propose Future Business Direction
PM.140 – Propose Future Technical Direction
thanks – Shivmohan Purohit