What is the Functionality of the Documents Tab on the Navigator
The Navigator’s Document feature allows you to create as many links as you want and save them in the Documents region of the Navigator window. The links can be represented as icons in the window or may be viewed as a list. Documents are defined as "real–world” documents such as those listed above, but may also include such documents as employees or plans. When you use a link to open a document, Oracle Applications opens the document in the appropriate form window. You can access the Document region using the tab control.
Adding new Documents to the Navigator
1. Forms that support adding documents to the Navigator enable the Place on Navigator menu item in the File menu. Use this menu item to add your document to the Navigator.
Opening the Navigator’s Document Region
1. Choose Documents from the tab control in the Navigation window.
Once you create a link to a document, the Document region will open by default when you log on.
To open a form from the Document Region
1. Select the document link you want to open.
2. Choose Open or double–click it.
Renaming Documents in the Navigator
1. Select the document link you want to rename.
2. Choose the Rename… button, or double–click the label.
3. Enter the new name, then press OK.
Note: There is a limit of 80 characters for document names.
Removing Documents from the Navigator
1. Select the document link to be discarded.
2. Choose Remove.
Removing the document link from the Navigator has no effect on the actual document. However, if a record such as a purchase order is deleted in the ”Enter Purchase Orders” form, the link in our Navigator displays a message letting you know that your link is now invalid.
for more info – do refer — following extract from "Oracle Applications User Guide" –Using the Navigator’s Documents Region – Page 1 – 18